Thank you all for coming to visit our ISTE poster session! As promised, here is the link to some of the resources I mentioned. I would love to collaborate with all of you as well. Feedback is welcome!
Schoology Course: The course code to Tech Squad I is W36WP-XHQQT. I am updating this course a bit to reflect more of the focus of Customer Service. Tech Squad II and III are being constructed this summer. I would love feedback!
Resource Page: The URL for the Creek Geek resource page is creekgeeks.com.
Email Address: Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
A reminder! May 11 – May 13th are the days to turn in your iPad (seniors only) from 8:00am – 3:00 pm in the library. Please watch the video below so you will be prepared. If you have a fine (broken or damaged iPad with no insurance), you will be assessed that fine in Infinite Campus and you must pay it before you are able to attend graduation practice.
Please watch the following video that gives some suggestions of what to do with school files, etc.
The Secret Phrase is, “The Raptor Sees at Night”.
You must remember the secret phrase in order to receive the Creek Geeks Tech Tip prize.
There are many benefits to using AirServer. Here are some that I have encountered:
- You don’t have to be tethered to your board or document camera or laptop. You can present anywhere in the room.
- Students can share their work or ideas by mirroring their device.
- You can share work from multiple devices — possibly using as a way of showing different approaches, showing collaborative work for groups, etc.
- You can record (as a video) what you are sharing with the class. This is probably not the most efficient way to do this, but for a quick tip or lesson it is useful.
Go to Applications in your Finder menu as done below. Find AirServer. The icon should show up in your dock.
Right click on the icon in the dock (control-click on a Mac). Choose Preferences > General. Choose:
- Fixed Password: If you don’t want students to access your AirServer at all.
- Onscreen Passcode: If you want a random code to be generated each time you activate AirServer. Recommended if you are having students project their work.
- Ask Me: If sends a message to your laptop asking if you want to have someone mirror their device.
I would recommend using one of these three options. They can use a QR code as well (new option).
The two most common issues are listed below:
Q: I don’t have an Airplay button at all. What do I do?
A: If you do not have an Airplay button at all (like above image), you are not connected to the wifi (or were kicked off). Reconnect your wifi.
Q: I have an Airplay button, but I do not see my computer. What do I do?
A: If you do not see your computer, that means you are not connected to the same wifi network as your computer (likely you are on svvsd-public). Change your wifi network to svvsd.