You may notice that your iPad is running slow. If that is the case, try these simple tricks:
Start with closing all apps,
If the problem persists, hold down the sleep/wake button. Do not turn it off, press and hold down Home Button for about 5 seconds or until screen returns back to normal.
This “Purges” the RAM on your iPad essentially closing everything down and increasing your speed.
If this did not work, repeat the process, if this does not work turn it off and then back on.
Students who break, misplace, lose, or in someway damage their iPad will be provided with a “Loaner” iPad for a specified amount of time. If broken or damaged, the iPad will be sent in for repairs and will be returned later that week. If lost or stolen, the student with a loner must continue to try to locate their lost/stolen iPad. If the student is unable to locate their iPad during the allotted time period, the school will be forced to take disciplinary action and require that the student pay the $350 dollars (w/ insurance $175 dollars). They will also be required to fill out a police report for stolen/lost/mistreated school property.
- How do I connect to the SVVSD Wifi Network?
First go to the wifi settings tab and disconnect or “forget” the wifi network you are currently on (Public or SVVMD) then click on SVVSD.
The iPad will now prompt you to put in a username and password, this would be your school account login and your student ID.
User name: Doe.John15
Click “Trust” and you are ready to enjoy better internet quality.
A common issue that comes up with Notability, is that it does not download through the Absolute Apps application. There are some things you can try before submitting a form through the Silver Creek Help Desk application.
Things to try:
- Reboot the iPad – hold the lock button until you can select to turn it off, wait a few moments and turn it back on
- Try installing Notability again through Absolute Apps
If this does not fix the issue, you can submit a request in the Help Desk application.
The Silver Creek Help Desk application is here to help you when you need assistance with your iPad. Use it when you are getting frustrated or when you just want help with things from downloading Notability to accessing the wifi. Here are some instructions on when to use it and how to fill it out.
First of all, this is what the Silver Creek Help Desk app looks like. (Top Left)
You will see this page when you open it.
Fill in all the required fields:
- Your name
- Email address (This can be your school email or any other email)
- Asset Tag (This can be found be removing the camera cover on the back of your iPad)
- Request (Category of the issue)
- Description (Describe the issue in detail)
You will be emailed within 24 hours to help you figure out your issue.
If you ever wanted to use the swivel. (If you don’t know what that is look it up.) And you definitely wanted a good even shot with no wobble, but you couldn’t or don’t know right now, and this could be some useless knowledge for you later down the road.
- Place iPad or other device onto “Swivel”.
- Turn on “Swivel”.
- Place audio jack from “Swivel” to iPad or other device.
- Hit record on the iPad or device (I have not figured out a way to make the camera start recording from the remote.)
- Click and hold little power button on the “Swivel” remote until the green light turns on beside the “Swivel” power button.
- YEAH!!! You have successfully turned on and used the “Swivel”.
- To turn off the “Swivel” press and hold the power button on the “Swivel” and place the remote back; in the the behind compartment on the “Swivel”.
If one were to disconnect and reconnect to the WIF network (SVVMD), because it was being slow, then one went to the wireless info and tapped on the button that says “Forget his network” in order to reconnect the profile to the network. But it didn’t work, and now one is stuck using the public network. Here is how to fix it.
- Open the settings app.
- Click on the Wi-Fi tab.
- Tap onto the SVVMD wireless network.
- And type this passcode in. Do not type the parenthesis. (Z!algh01)
- Now your back on the SVVMD network.
Q: Why can’t I take my iPad out of the case?
A: Physically, we can’t stop you from taking it off, we know that it is big and bulky and makes the iPad hard to use at times. However, it’s big and bulky so that it can protect your iPad from breaking, this inconvenience is a small price to pay for a safe iPad. Also, if you have insurance and your iPad breaks outside of it’s case YOUR INSURANCE WILL BE VOID and you will have to pay the full fine of $350 instead of the insurance paying for it. ONCE THE IPAD IS OUTSIDE THE CASE YOUR INSURANCE IS VOID.
Q: What can I do when my iPad won’t connect to the school wi-fi?
A: There is really nothing we can do, this problem has more to do with the school wi-fi than it has to do with the iPads. So this issue is out of our control, you just have to wait for the school wi-fi to start working again. The best advice we can give you is to turn on and off airplane mode then try reconnecting to the wi-fi